COVID-19 Information and Precautions
We recognize that nursing homes are at high risk for contracting and spreading infectious diseases including COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019). Our utmost concern is for the health and well-being of each of our residents and to ensure our staff is healthy and able to continue to care for residents.
We continue to take cautionary measures and follow CDC guidelines. We are also receiving information from state and local officials. Please review this information and see the precautions we are taking to protect against COVID-19.
Symptoms of respiratory infection, including COVID-19:
-Shortness of breath
The measures we are taking include:
- Clear and constant communication with staff, loved ones and residents
- Posting signs and reminders at the facility
- Communicating verbal answers from staff to residents and loved ones
- Posting information to our website
- Protection with our workforce includes:
- Screening employees, residents, and visitors for symptoms of acute respiratory illness (fever, cough, difficulty breathing)
- Sick leave policies are non-punitive and flexible
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home and call in replacement staff
- Training and ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Verifying an inventory of PPE
- Protection with our residents includes:
- Separating residents who show respiratory symptoms away from others
- Minimizing field trips and activities outside the facility
- Having activities that allow residents to maintain safe distances from others
- Allowing for in-room dining to reduce the risk of spreading disease
- Increasing cleaning in common areas (therapy rehabilitation area, dining area, activity area, lobby area, etc.)
- Protection of all vendors, and deliveries includes:
- Increasing monitoring or screening of visitors for respiratory symptoms
- Limiting touching and social greeting
- Encouraging family and friends to reach out socially (phone call, video conferencing) to residents to help with feelings of loneliness and isolation during this time
- Absolutely no visitors are allowed at this time
If COVID-19 is identified in any of our workforce (healthcare provider, staff, administration, etc.), or in any of our residents, we will immediately make an announcement to the community and communicate information concerning steps we are taking to mitigate the spread of the disease.
We appreciate the confidence and trust you have in us to care for family members. We will keep you informed as we navigate the ongoing situation.